1. Teach your kids to keep the water flow to a pencil-thin stream when using the sink
2. Brush without running your tap dry. You'll conserve up to five gallons per day if you stop.
3. Take shorter showers to reduce water use. This will lower your water and heating bills too
4. Soak lentils, rice, solid vegetables like potato, yam in water for an hour before you cook. This enables fast cooking with minimal water and gas cosumption
5. Do not allow leakage taps in bathroom. It would add to water consumption and sewage water disposal bills
6. Water the plants in early morning to avoid any moisture is lost to evaporation.