- Plantains are low in sodium and high in
vitamin A, potassium, and fiber.
- It has a rare combination of energy value, tissue-building elements, protien, vitamins and minerals.
- Plantain contains allantoin, an anti-inflammatory phytochemical that kills germs, speeds wound healing, and stimulates the growth of new skin cells
- Banana or plantain has been widely used as an anti-wrinkle treatment. Mash 1/4 banana till it becomes a smooth paste. Cover your face with it and leave it for 15-20 minutes before rinsing with warm water followed by splashes of cold water.
Pat it dry.
- It is a good source of calories since it is rich in solids and low in water content as compared to any other fresh fruit.
May 27, 2009
Written By Hamsamalini Chandrasekaran on May 27, 2009 | 1:26 PM
Labels: health care