- Try to undergo recycling of water within bathroom. Can construct the sink in such a way that the water used in it can be used in toilet bowl to flush it. It means thewater from the sink should drain into the flush tank.
- Can also reuse the rinsed water from the washing machine by piping it out to flush tank.
- Use instant water heaters or solar powered heaters.
- Having an indoor plant within the bathroom, absorbs the moist within the bathroom and also maintains good odour.
- Provide proper ventillation. This will ensure that there is a constant flow of air and continuous removal of excess humidity.
- Alternatively, if you could take the gray water from washers to flush tank, you could take the gray water from sink and showers for gardening.
- Run the air-conditione about an hour before bed and switch to a fan after that - you save about $485 annually. Switch off the air-conditioner half an hour earlier with a timer and save about $35 a year. ~Tips from the National Environment agency, Singapore
August 7, 2009
Go Green Tips
Written By Hamsamalini Chandrasekaran on August 7, 2009 | 7:14 AM
Labels: Go Green Tips