1. Select footwear to your liking of colour and shape so that you are satisfied with your selection.
2. After selection wear it and try it by walking and check if it comforts you.
3. Do not select tight footwear. Generally they must be airy.
4. Let selection be based on the quality rather than its cost.
5. If you had selected leather footwear then special care must be taken so that it does not get wet. If it gets wet, its shape, beauty will be spoiled and also its life span will be reduced.
6. Select footwear so that its bottom is not slippery and hard.
7. In rainy season, rubber footwear should not be worn as it would slip off.
8. Old women, vadha diseased patience should wear footwear at all places always.
9. Leather footwear are better than plastic one as for those who have rheumatism, and week patients, wearing plastic foot wears will increase the heat of the body leading to eye irritation and over sweating.
10. Always check inside part of shoes before wearing.
11. Always do polish your footwear with appropriate colours as it not only enhances beauty also increases its life span by absorbing any moisture in it.
12. Do not ask others to get one for you by specifying the leg size. The selection must be yours.
13. Those who wear rubber and plastic footwear must clean it daily.