A gesture is the use of movements of the body, specially the hands to express a certain meaning. There are some common gestures called basic body gestures that are common around the world.
Some of them are mentioned below:
- 1. When men are happy they smile or laugh.
- 2. When they do not understand what is being talked to they simply shrug using palms, shoulders and brows at a time.
- 3. People with arms folded and legs crossed and bodies turned away are signalling that they are rejecting messages.
- 4. When men are angry they frown or cry.
- 5. Thumbs up. Fro those who travel free lifting thumb means it is OK.
- 6. When the thumb is lifted with a fish it is an insulting signal
- 7. Thumb up gesture in India means " All is fine".
- 8. If a child speaks a lie, he is quick to cover his mouth with his hands
- 9. V Sign. It is a sign of victory. It is said that the late Winston Churchill, the prime minister of Great Britain during the world war fathered it after the end of the war
- 10. Exclamation - Hand touching nose (wonmdering a thing)