- Drinking beetroot juice boosts your stamina, concludes a new study, which adds that the magical drink can help you exercise for up to 16 per cent longer.
- They are used to treat high blood pressure, depression, Alzheimer’s, dementia, and ailments related to digestion.
- Beet greens are a very good source of calcium, iron, Vitamins A and C.
- Beetroots are an excellent source of folic acid and is regarded as an important dietary inclusion for women planning a pregnancy.
- They are a very good source of fiber, manganese and potassium.
- Beet greens and beetroot are a good source of phosphorus, magnesium, iron and vitamin B6.
- Betacyanin is the pigment that gives beetroot its color, and has powerful antioxidant properties.
- Beetroot contains the mineral silica, that helps the body to utilise calcium, so it is important for musculo-skeletal health and also it reduces the risk of osteoporosis.
- Its juice is also noted for its cleansing and detoxifying properties.