- US astronauts Stephen Bowen and Michael Good completes the 2nd of three planned seven-hour spacewalks from the shuttle Atlantis on its rendezvous with the International Space Station.
- The world's largest fast food chain McDonald's is super-sizing its breakfast business by introducing its Next Big thing: Oatmeal.
- The company is testing oatmeal in about 600 stores in the Northeast. If the test goes well, McDonald's may roll out oatmeal to more than 13,000 restaurants nationwide.
- In a remarkable achievement, Basanta Singha Roy (47) and Debasish Biswas (39), 2 civilians from West Bengal climbed the world’s highest peak, Mount Everest, becoming the 1st civilian duo from the state to reach the summit.
- They reached Mt Everest peak — said to have a height 29,028 feet on May 18th & sent a message through satellite phone to the base camp at Solo Khumbu in Nepal — located at a height of 16,000 ft.
- Fortune Magazine and management consultant Hay Group have ranked Tata Steel as one of the world's 10 "most admired" companies this year.
- NRI billionaire Lakshmi Nivas Mittal, a month away from his 60th birthday, cherishes a dream about his Wharton-educated son Aditya Mittal taking over the reins of Arcelor Mittal, the world's largest steel company spread across 60 countries.
- Indian fishermen who cannot afford to educate their children are being given the chance to send them to a special floating school by a university professor in the holy city of Varanasi.
- Arab nations are leading a "historic" charge to make the world wide web live up to its name. Egypt, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates are the first countries to have so-called "country codes" written in Arabic scripts.
- The Robin Hood Foundation gala, Wall Street's largest single-evening fundraising event, raised a record of more than $88 million at its New York dinner to feed and clothe the cities destitute.
- Few information on Miss Virgina crowned as Miss america 2010.
Name: Caressa Cameron from Fredericksburg, Virginia
Education: Virginia Commonwealth University - Broadcast Communications
National Platform Issue: Miss America 2010 Caressa Cameron is the National Goodwill Ambassador for Children's Miracle Network
Platform Issue: Real Talk: Aids in America
- Rima Fakih, who was crowned Miss Michigan, the first Arab-American woman win the Miss USA pageant.