- yourself: your skills, knowledge, constraints, interests and values
- your chosen occupation(s): entry requirements, skills required, is more training needed?
- Can you meet the requirements of the job?
- Will the career you're considering meet your needs?
- Look at the pros and cons and significant implications. Go back to Look at your career needs and ensure that all your requirements can be met.
- Incorporate this information in your Career options grid.
- Try to formulate a plan that includes at least one contingency career area.
- Discuss your plans with your career mentor, family members, Careers Advisers who will give you an objective view of the realism and practicality of your ideas.
- Check out any doubts that your advisers may raise and satisfy yourself before proceeding with a career change.
If you are satisfied yourself with a matching career with your interests, abilities, skills, knowledge, values and constraints, you can start to make a careers action plan detailing the actions you need to take in order to enter that career.
Go to Information resources for links to useful sources in aiding your decision-making.
Good luck in implementing your career plans!