I would like to share an incident of a pity young lady who faced miscarriage being unaware of what's it. The incident took place in Singapore. She is from India, living with her husband. She had married 4 years ago and waiting for her first pregnancy. I could make out after 4-5 meets with her that she was not confident upon herself that she could yield a baby, but pretended to be very much bold on each activities. Her hubby was so much loveable and kind to her.
One day she got severe bleeding along with severe abdominal ache. It seemed she did not had regular menstural cycle also. So this pain and bleeding did not give her any warning instead she had been trying to bear it for almost two days. When I came to know about it, I urged her to approach a neighbourhood women clinic. In the clinic they had said that she had been pregnant for 2 months and now she got miscarriage. The couples couldnt avoid shedding tears as they were never aware of her pregnancy but now they heard miscarriage.
There are so much incidents happening like this due to lack of knowledge about miscarriage. I herewith share an article from a book and also consulting my physician, that lists out the warning signs during pregnancy.
Miscarriage also called spontaneous abortion, is the loss of pregnancy before the fetus can live on its own. It occurs in about 15% of pregnancies, usually in early pregnancy.
What are the warning signs during pregnancy?
Any of the following symptoms could be a sign of a problem and require immidiate medical attention:
- vaginal bleeding can be a sign of a miscarriage or a problem with the placenta.
- vaginal discharge - either a change in the type or an increase in the amount - could be a sign of preterm labour or infection.
- cramps and back pain could signal miscarriage or preterm birth.
- swelling, headache, blurred vision occur with high blood pressure in pregnancy.
- severe, sharp abdominal pain should be eevaluated if it doesnt improve with position changes.
- fever or chills may be symptoms of infection.
- fluid discharge from vagina may signal that the amniotic sac has ruptured and labor may begin soon.
- decreased fetal movement for 12 hours after week 28 could mean the unborn baby is in trouble.