Since ancient period our ancestor's had used nature's wealth to cure many illnesses that bother us. Here is a list of most commonly used traditional remedial recipes to cure and stay out of cold.
- 2 garlics, 1 chilli, a spoon of honey, a spoon of lemon extract, a piece of ginger and a teaspoon of black pepper. Bring to boil these ingredients with 4 cups of water till the water shrinks to half the quantity. Continue to drink this tea every 4 hours and you are gauranteed to be fixed by the next day.
- To overcome the nose blockage, warm a little bit of mustard oil and put a drop in the the nose. It clears the nasal passage and enables breathe easily.
- Regular intake of a spoon of the paste of thoothuvalai (as in Tamil) also called as Trilobatu leaves in English also aids to cure heavy cold and also acts as immune power against cold.
- 4 camphors powdered and mixed together with coconut oil to form a paste can be rubbed with palm over chest, temples, and on foot to relieve nose blockage and cold.
- A tea made with Dry ginger and palm jaggery is also highly effective in curing cold.