Green stands for freshness. Growing indoor plants at home or outdoor plants if you have a nice garden is the only way to stabilise freshness always at home. Every plant, no matter how big or small, helps make our air cleaner and our Earth greener. And you can do something just by planting a seed and adding water! As you take care of it and watch it grow, you will feel good and relaxed yourself as gardening is not a work but a refreshing job for mind and overall health.
So here I have some petty tips to grow greens at home.
- Decide what you would like to grow. Salad greens, flowers and herbs are easy to grow in containers on a sunny windowsill.
- There are lots of different kinds of salad greens to choose from, such as red-leaf lettuce or butter lettuce. The first time you help prepare a salad made with lettuce grown in your very own garden, you'll be so proud! And you'll be amazed at how good and fresh it will taste.
- Lots of herbs used to flavour our foods are easy to grow from seeds like chives, parsely, oregano, dill, fenugreek, basil and others. Certain flowers are easy oo like alyssum, petunias and marigolds.
- You can approach a nursery garden online or in person to buy your favourite plants. While you are there, also buy some potting soil and a little plant food especially organic.
- Make some artwork out of colourful paints on paint to decorate your gardden and also to give a traditional touch.
- Make sure there are no stagnant water beneath the pots and keep your garden surface clean to avoid mosquitoes.
Make your home a cool place to sit and drink your morning cuppa and smell the flowers before rushing off to work?
Note: Plants take in carbondioxide and emit oxygen during their food process called photosynthesis. If we have them at home then I dont think here is necessary for any elctrical air purifier - Save Energy! Go Green....