Going green can be successful if the 3 R is strictly practised. Ya, Resuse, Reduce and Recycle. By following 3R we can conserve natural resources and maintain a clean and green living environment.
Purchase only what you want, reuse what you have and recycle the recyclable materials.
- With all the buying and wrapping of gifts all year round, you can reuse them for lining shelves and drawers as part of interior decoration.
- Use the disposable clay utensils as flower pots.
- Make use of the heap of Scrap paper by cutting them to make notepaper for your kids rough usage or for yourself to keep notes of your daily events, tasks and appointments. This will cut the extra cost in purchasing newer ones.
- Instead of throwing glass bottles, use it as a vase.
- Reuse the plastic or paper bags accumulated over the shopping for your next shopping trip.
- Read magazines can be distributed to Doctors clinics where people might appreciate reading while waiting for their turn.
- Donate used old clothes who are in need.
- Use the plastic containers that come for snacts and chips to wisely store the stationary items like one for pencils, one for erasers and so on.
- When packing for breakfast or lunch to office or school use reusable containers.
- When you make photocopies of books for your reference make it back to back.