Today many people from all over the world, irrespective of their religions, have become aware of the benefits to be gained through meditation. The immediate purpose of meditation is to train the mind and to use it effectively and efficiently in our routine life.
How does meditation benefit us and who are in need to observe it? The answers for these two questions are listed out as 21 points:
- If you are a busy person, meditation can helip you get rid of tension and to find relaxation.
- If you are a worried person, meditation can calm you and help you find peace of mind.
- If you are a person who has endless problems, meditation can help you to develop courage and strength to face and overcome them.
- If you lack self-confidence, mediatation can help you gain self-confidence which is the secret of success in life.
- If you have fear in your heart, meditation can help you to understand the real nature of the problems that are making you afraid - then you can overcome the fear in your mind.
- If you are always dissatisfied with everything and nothing in life seems to be satisfactory - meditation can give you the chance to develop and to maintain inner contentment.
- If you are sceptical and uninterested in the religious way of life, meditation can help you to go beyond your own scepticism and to see some practical values in religious guidance.
- If you are frustarated and heart-broken due to lack of understanding of the uncertainity of life and the world, meditation can truly guide and help you to understand the fleeting nature of worldly conditions.
- If you are a rich man, meditation can help you to realise the nature of your wealth and how to make use of it not only for your own happiness but also for others happiness.
- If you are a poor man, meditation can help you to develop contenment and not to harbour jealousy towards those who have more than you.
- If you are a young man at the cross roads of your life and you do not know which way to turn, mediation can help you to the right path to reach your chosen goal.
- If you are an elderly man who is fed up with life, mediation can bring you to a deeper understanding of life, this understanding in turn will relieve your pains and increase the jopy of living.
- If you are hot-tempered, you can develop the strength to overcome the weakness of anger, hatred and resentment to become a more calm and sober person.
- If you are jealous, you can understand that negative mental attitudes never contribute anything for your benefit.
- If you cannot reduce your carving for sense-desires you can learn how to become the master of your sense-desires.
- If you are addicted to drinking or to drugs you can overcome the dangerous habit which enslaved you.
- If you are a narrow minded person, you can develop understanding that will be beneficial both to you and your friends and family to avoid misunderstanding.
- If yu are strongly influenced by emotions, your emotions will have no chance to mislead you.
- If you suffer from certain disorders such as nervous breakdowns and mental disturbances, meditation can activate the positive forces in your mind and body to regain your health, especially if they are psychosomatic problems.
- If you are a weak minded person or one who maintains an inferiority complex, meditation can strenthen your mind to develop courage to overcome your weakness.
- If you are a wise person, meditation will lead you to supreme wisdom. Then you will see things as they are, and not as they appear to be.
These are some of the practical benefits that can be attained practising meditation alone and these are the benefits which cannot be purchased from any malls on best price.
Mind is the key to happiness and key to misery. To understand the mind and to use it well is a task that transcends a peaceful and contented life.By