What is Stress?
Stress is the event that affects our health. It is the way that our body responds to the events that are happening around us which are not likely.
What causes Stress?A stress happens when the environment is not suiting us. It happens when we are not comfortable with what is happening around us. It also happens if we are not able to yield ourselves for our commitments.
Consequences of Stress
- Breathing rate increases
- Blood flow to skeletal muscle increases
- Heart rate increase
- Blood pressure in arteries increases
- Levels of blood sugar increases
There is a lot you can do to reduce your stress levels without resorting to prescription drugs . Take up as many of the suggestions as you can from the following list:
- TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF - Make sure you get plenty of sleep , eat a healthy diet , stop smoking and don't drink too much .
- TALK ABOUT IT - Share your feelings on a regular basis with friends or family members . And then listen to their problems .
- TAKE AEROBIC EXERCISE REGULARLY - It is easiest to do if you find an exercise you thoroughly enjoy . Gentle exercise , such as yoga or Pilates, has been demonstrated to reduce stress .
- TRY TO ENJOY YOUR WORK - If you wake up dreading it, seriously consider searching for an alternative source of income .
- KNOW WHEN TO SAY 'NO' - Living entirely for others is a major cause of chronic stress .
- CULTIVATE OPTIMISM - See the best in others and expect good things to happen .
- SET LIMITS - Find a way to prevent other people's hurtful behavior from upsetting your peace of mind.
- ORGANISE YOUR LIFE - Getting rid of clutter will leave you with more energy and contentment .
- "HAVE 'ME-TIME' " We all need to be able to stare out of the window , read a book or enjoy a lazy , luxurious bath sometimes .
- FOCUS ON DEEP BREATHING - It is a simple but highly successful stress-buster . You can teach yourself or learn how to do this from a yoga teacher or in a special relaxation or meditation class .