Blended family takes on a whole new meaning in refreshing and renewing our home. Here are some simple tips that one can follow to give new exquisite look to each room.
- An indoor tree soften the hard lines of a room and adds a welcome shot of green. Tuck a fiddle head fig in a corner and watch your room come alive.
- Elements of worn wood instantly relax a room. A chunk of wood framed mirror, or a weathered side table is an easy addition
- White paint or an ivory coat on any furniture give a lighter and more modern look highlighting its shape.
- In kitchen, trading the upper cabinets for open shelves costs less giving a high look. Paint the shelves and brackets the same color as the wall.
- Mixing of textures such as rattan, sisal, wood, wrought iron and other metals and a couple of well placed hits of black give the creamy tones of the dinning room, opposite a little punch.
- Concealing the washer and dryer behind a panelled door in the living room will yield a clean look.
- Leftover whitewashed pine planks can be used for the ceiling of downstairs to make a simple headboard for the guest bedroom.
- Swap out your bed sheets to give a custom look. Difference in colors to sham and sheets will be great.