Yoga is an ancient spiritual, physical and mental discipline that has been practiced in India for thousands of years and its benefits have been innumerable.
The simplest form of yoga is NAMASKAR. Put your hands together and unite the polarities within and without - ~ Sadhguru
Yoga can be practised to stretch, breathe, meditate, or simply to stay fit. While there are different kinds of Yoga, ranging from the gentler to the more strenuous, every form of yoga can improve your health in one way or the other. The aim of yoga positions or asanas is to make you more aware of your body, mind and environment thereby helping you become fitter both mentally and physically.
William Dalrymple writes, “Yoga: The Art of Transformation explores the visual culture of yoga in all its rich variety, aiming, according to its curator Debra Diamond, to show ‘yoga’s rich, protean diversity—its varied meanings for both practitioners and those who encountered and interacted with them—over the last 2,500 years.’ ~ The New york Review of Books, May 24, 2014
This post heads to brings you information on various asanas in episodes so as to improve your lifestyle by practising yoga.
Tips to follow when practising Yoga poses
- Choose poses that seem appropriate to your mood and energy level
- Begin with gentler poses and work up to stronger ones
- Breathe evenly through the nose throughout the postures
- Never rush into and out of a pose
- Never strain in a pose - if it hurts, stop
- Don't habitually practise in front of a mirror. Focus on how the pose feels, not what it looks like
- The postures should be both steady and soft
~Physical Benefits of Yoga in next episode